Recent Forum Topics

Site Sponsors

Statistics

Total posts 170635
Total topics 16509
Total members 4055
Our newest member Crumbs

East Beach Info

Salt water chat here. (please post reports in reports section)

Moderator: Admin.

Topic Rating:

East Beach Info

Postby JD>LURES » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi guys

Went for a look out to East beach with the surf rods this evening ( in the rain, cabin fever has definitely set in ) with the surf rods.
Never been out there before so started to fish a couple of hundred meters towards the centre of the beach from the carpark. Weed was terrible to the point where it was impossible to fish it there. Walked back towards the Low Head end and fished in the corner. Waves were less severe and weed was minimal in this area and in the first five minutes I pulled a nice salmon. That was it however with nothing else for the next hour or so.
Pulled the pin with a wet but not overly impressed by the area.

Does anyone have any success out there and might be able to offer me some advice. I like a bit of a beach bash no and then but its a bit far to head out to the east coast and was hoping for something close to home. I live at Beaconsfield so any suggestions on the best beach from would be helpfull.

JD
JD>LURES
Pro Angler

Re: East Beach Info

Postby JD>LURES » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:52 pm

:lol: :lol:

Thanks guys

I will take all that advice and go forth. 170+ views and not a comment.

Site is going well.

JD
JD>LURES
Pro Angler

Postby telr » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:11 pm

J.D , Sorry , have only fished once on West side of river, that was Greens Beach, 2 tiny flathead, 1 ray (I think busted off.) That was on soft plastics. Maybe you can cross that one off list!
telr
Apprentice Angler

East Beach Info

Postby MattS » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Head a bit further east JD, Lulworth is not too bad if you don't want to venture too far. Try to get down there for an evening mission around the full moon [WINKING FACE]
Cheers,
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image Image Image
Lox Fishing Rods Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/loxfishingrods
Sherriff Agencies Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/sherriffagenciesrecreational
Sherriff Agencies Website:http://www.sherriffagencies.com.au
MattS
Expert Angler

Postby JD>LURES » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Thanks guys, will check out Lulworth.
Not after big bags of salmon but enough to keep me interested and a reasonable beach to fish from is a nice relaxing outing.
Bit ridiculous going the other way having to pay for parks passes just to get on a bit of beach.

JD
JD>LURES
Pro Angler

Postby blackmarlin » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:58 pm

Hey JD

Best spot close to your location is Badgers Head or now it's know as Narawarntapo or something like that lmao. Only problem is you need to walk a bloody mile to get to the beach on the other side of the headland or even fish the deep holes off the point itself. Great fishing spot and awesome scenery but as I said long walk and even harder with gear in tow.
East beach can be productive but you gotta get in the right spot and run a burley trail.The east side near the rocky point is the go as there are deeper holes either side of the point. I've spent many years beach fishing the north and north east coasts and in my opinion it really doesn't start to produce the goods until you get past Bridport. Waterhouse and Croppies are great then it goes quiet at Tomahawk for some reason. Musselroe is probably the best fishing on North coast then it's pretty hard fishing from there access wise until you hit Bay of Fires on east coast.

East Beach - Flathead - Shark - squid (point) Mullet - salmon

Waterhouse Beach - Salmon - Flathead - Gummy Shark

Croppies Rocks - Salmon - squid - garfish - kingfish

Tomahawk - Gummy shark - snapper ( secret location off boat ramp Shhhhhh ! ) Small Flattys

Mussleroe Beach - Salmon - Shark - Flathead - Bream ( big bream ) - mullet

Fresh Squid my bait of choice mate especially tentacles for Flattys salmon etc and fresh cocky salmon fillets for Gummys

Don't forget about Low Head pilot station off the break wall some bloody good fishing to be had there at the right time. And also Kelso side produces some big flattys working soft plastics and bibs across the sandy gutters.

Cheers and tight lines BM
blackmarlin
Apprentice Angler

Postby JD>LURES » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Thanks for the detailed info Blackmarlin. I need the exercise so I dont mind a bit of a walk in. Just means cutting down the equipment to bare essentials sometimes. I am thinking of getting a parks pass for the vehicle this year as it seems a bit stupid having to pay each time you want to do a bit of beach fishing in the park areas.

Thanks again
JD
JD>LURES
Pro Angler

Return to Salt Water Scene