Recent Forum Topics

Site Sponsors

Statistics

Total posts 170635
Total topics 16509
Total members 4055
Our newest member Crumbs

Margate Jetty/Kettering

Salt water chat here. (please post reports in reports section)

Moderator: Admin.

Topic Rating:

Margate Jetty/Kettering

Postby andyt23 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:31 pm

A mate and I went down the channel to fish for some squid this week. We started at the Margate Jetty, I'm pretty sure they've increased the lighting down there in the last 12 months, and it's certainly increased in popularity. There were quite a few teenagers fishing for sharks, which surprised me from a jetty, apparently they had caught a 12 foot gill shark that day and this wasn't a one off occasion. pretty crazy. however it was a bit crowded for us and although there were a couple of squid caught in the hour or so we were there we decided to move down to Kettering, there we caught one small squid that was playing in the water in front of us and took some tempting. That was all we saw there.
andyt23

Re: Margate Jetty/Kettering

Postby Tinfisher » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Was at the Margate jetty this morning and was aghast at the rubbish left laying around. Then people wonder why these jetties get locked up and no access. I visit this jetty a couple of times a week on average and this is the worst I have seen, empty packets of gulp, fish oil bottles, cans, general litter..........

Oh and the channel is a shark refuge area too
Tinfisher

Re: Margate Jetty/Kettering

Postby andyt23 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm

That doesn't surprise me, there were a lot of people there and it was a mess when I was there. I had a feeling it was a shark sanctuary, funny because when I went there last year there were less people and the police came along and had a look, didn't do anything, just wandered around, not sure if its their responsibility but it could be worth them popping in and checking it out. Mind you these kids could probably be doing worse things!
andyt23

Return to Salt Water Scene