Recent Forum Topics

Site Sponsors

Statistics

Total posts 170631
Total topics 16507
Total members 4055
Our newest member Crumbs

Spookest Dive....

Pics, reports and general diving discussion here.

Moderator: Admin.

Topic Rating:

Re: Spookest Dive....

Postby Bubbler121 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:18 pm

few years back diving in SA with a mate we ended up near on a k offshore out near the channel, saw what i thought was a rock overhang so i start wandering over there and the f@#kin shadow moves by now im getting worried coz viz is only 5meters tell old mate lets head in so we start heading for shore by now hes realised were being stalked get back to shore and this things followed us into chest deep water by now i get out on the rocks and go to turn the shark sheild off and the bloody thing wasnt on to start with.
after we had a bit of a yarn we worked out there might of been 2 never got a clear look at it but it was min 3 meters was an odd feeling wasnt scared just numb didnt sink in till i got home really, one dive where i s*** bricks was same area at the wharf in shitty 2 foot viz and the resident bull sea lion apeared face to face whiskers touching me he was that close an he was blowing bubbles at me thought i was gunna lose my face that was worse than the toothys
Bubbler121

Postby WazzaB » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Gold!! :D :D :D This is still my favourite thread ever on the forum and Beevor's dive is the funniest thing I've ever read. =D> =D> =D> I don't how many times I've told the story now at parties and it always gets a laugh. I still nearly wet myself laughing every time I read it. :D :D :D Classic Gold!!
Warren
It didn't get away - I just let him go earlier than I wanted to
WazzaB
Mullet Hunter

Postby jehu » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:02 am

I just think its funny someone with a name beevor is telling a story about muf diving lol
jehu
Mullet Hunter

Postby WazzaB » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Sorry guys, I just had to read it one more time. :D :D :D =D> =D> =D> :roll: :roll: :roll:

Best ever!!!

Cheers
Wazza
It didn't get away - I just let him go earlier than I wanted to
WazzaB
Mullet Hunter

Postby The Decky » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Many years ago my brother,a mate and I were snorkeling near burns bay. Day was magic, dead calm and only a few small wave surges pushing in we weren’t really chasing anything, just having s look around.

We rounded a rocky point with water depth of probably 3-4m. The kelp parted and a small school of reasonable sized fish shot out between the weeds closely followed by a big dark shape......I am sure we all sharted!!

We all flew out of the water and looked around to see a seal surface about 10m away.....PHEW.
The Decky
Apprentice Angler

Previous

Return to Diving